The Creative Process
Every wedding is unique, and just like the people in the photographs, they are living, breathing phenomenons.
Love is a universal language that unites us all. My job and purpose is translating it into tangible form.
In the fleeting moments of your wedding day, I carefully compose each image to display the raw beauty and emotion therein.
I long to create photographs that tell an intimate, genuine story — the way you feel it, not just how you see it — is the way in which you will remember it.
We accept no more than 12 events per year, so we are able to devote ourselves wholly and completely to each client, ensuring an exceptional experience for each one. A custom quote is created for every wedding we photograph, taking into account your needs, location, and size of your event.
Investments for weddings begins at $5,500, with elopements beginning at $3,500.
HEIRLOOMS & TANGIBLES
Above all else, we value your experience and believe in quality over quantity. Our heirloom products have changed what is expected from traditional wedding albums and prints. Essentially, every page of the album is a fine art print in itself. Wrapped in delicate Japanese book linen and embossed with exquisite gold detailing, all of our heirloom books are truly a work of art, so that each turn of the page is the unveiling of a beautiful mystery.
I’m passionate about seeing the world & experiencing cultures abroad. I’ve been fortunate to document weddings both far & near.
We would love to follow you to any destination your heart leads you, from the rolling hills of the Scottish highlands to the emerald waters along the Gulf of Mexico.
Where We've Been:
i. Seattle, WA
ii. Portland, OR
iii. Napa Valley, CA
iv. San Francisco, CA
v. Santa Barbara, CA
vi. Denver, CO
vii. New York City, NY
viii. Concord, NH
ix. cleveland, Oh
x. west palm beach, FL
xi. key west, fl
xii. atlanta, ga
xiii. nashville, tn
xiv. charlottesville, va
xv. charleston, sc
xvi. ashville, nc
xvii. Tulum MX
xviii. Worpswede, Germany
xix. Paris, France
xx. Rome, Italy
xxi. oria, italy
xxiii. london, uk
xxiv. Turks & Caicos
xxv. harbour island, bahamas
xxvi. st. kitts, west indies
xxvii. nassau, bahamas
xxviii. alberta, canada
xxix. ontario, british colombia
xxx. banff, canada
... and counting
Frequently asked questions
How would you describe your style of photography?
- My style is a thoughtfully curated blend of traditional/editorial portraiture (through lyrical compositions and styled elements) with artistic photojournalism (unobtrusive documentary fashion). I want to tell the story of your wedding day authentically and beautifully, and by working with this unique skill set, we are able to achieve a finished set of photos that reflect the hearts of each couple we photograph.
Are you a digital or film photographer?
- Both. I am primarily a film photographer, utilizing medium format film which comprises about 80% of my body of work, with about 20% digital imagery.
Why do you shoot film?
- Film is a timeless medium, and I learned to shoot and develop my own film from a very early age. The process of using film, though, far outweighs the visual benefits of such- because I have a limited number of images per roll, I am able to slow down and think about the relationships that are in front of me. When I take this approach, I am focused on my clients and their loved ones, thereby creating a relationship built on comfort and trust.
How many photos will I receive and how long will it take to see them?
- Typically, you will receive your full gallery within 8-10 weeks from your wedding. We also believe in quality over quantity, and rather than overwhelming you with thousands of images, we usually deliver between 50-60 finished images per hour of coverage.
Do you travel for weddings nationally and/or internationally?
- Yes. We love to travel and to date, I have photographed weddings in at least 9 other countries, as well as all over the continental U.S.
How many weddings do you photograph per year?
- We accept a very limited number of commissions, about 10-12 weddings each year.